Crucial Facts about SRM JEEE 2017 & Subjects Involved
What is the scope of engineering in India? Over the past decade, the will to become an engineer has surged in the nation as more and more institutes offering B. Tech programmes have come into existence. Becoming an engineering is counted as a dream by many aspirants who are spread across different parts of India. How to become an engineer? The best way to pursue your engineering is by cracking one of the top-notch entrance exams. IIT-JEE and AIEEE are renowned nationwide for offering an entry into the best engineering colleges in India. Apart from this, SRMJEEE is another quality option for the students who want to build their career in this attractive field.
SRM Institute of Science and Technology
SRM Institute of Science and Technology was established in 1985 in Tamil Nadu. With time, this institute has transformed itself into a hub for aspiring engineering candidates from different parts of India. This engineering school was earlier known as SRM Engineering College located in Kattankulathur. Presently, it is known as SRM University with proper affiliation after the year 2006.There are 7 campuses, 4 in Tamil Nadu—Kattankulathur, Vadapalani, Ramapuram, Tiruchchirappalli, while the others located in Sonepat, NCR and Gangtok. Currently, SRM University manages a total strength of more than 55,000 students, making it one of the top listed universities in India, primarily famous for its B. Tech programmes. SRM JEEE is organized by the university which acts as a ticket for pursuing various engineering courses from the different SRM campuses.
Introduction to SRM-JEEE
SRM University organizes SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination (SRMJEEE) for providing admissions at nearly 7,000 undergraduate engineering seats across all of its four campuses – Ramapuram, Kattankulathur, Ramapuram Part– Vadapalani as well as NCR Ghaziabad. The candidates are offered admissions to B. Tech programmes based on their SRMJEEE performance.
The SRM University is one of the ideal universities for the future engineers. It promises a healthy faculty, environment and better career opportunities for the students. The university carries out eligibility test for the budding candidates. All those candidates who have completed their plus two from science stream managed under a recognized institute/board can easily apply for the exam.
Structure of SRM JEEE
The exam is typically based on an objective model with usually five options. The students can select the best choice from the given options. This exam is conducted for a time duration of two and half hours. The questions asked in the exam are covered from the sections such as:
For each correct answer the candidate will be awarded 3 marks and for wrong answer there is negative marking. For the biology paper a total of 50 questions are offered and for other papers a total of 35 questions are present. Except Bio- Engineering all the students need to write the math paper and considering the bio-engineering course, the candidates need to attempt the biology paper.
Syllabus for SRM JEEE
The syllabus for SRM JEEE includes the entire sections present in class eleven and twelve. One must go through every topic in order create a good understanding. Recommended test papers are an excellent option before you actually sit for the main exam.
Reference Books for SRM JEEE
For SRM JEEE candidates, NCERT guide is always available to offer necessary help. It contains several multiple choice questions along with a good number of mock tests. You can also check out reference books such as:
Organic Chemistry by Arihant Prakashan
Physical Chemistry by P.W. Atkins
Higher Algebra by Hall & Knight
Algebra Made Easy by K.P. Basu
Advanced Level Physics by Nelkon and Parker
Study Plan for SRMJEEE
All candidates preparing for SRMJEEE must focus on self study or must join a coaching centre. It is important for the students to study carefully and revise each and every subject. A good screening of subjects like Mathematics and Physics is indeed important. Work to improve short cut methods for clearing problems in math, so as to minimize the answering time. Once the candidates are thorough with the concepts, mock tests should be offered in order to check which areas require serious attention. A time schedule will also assist in the preparation which should be merged with frequent support for the students from teachers and parents.
Working on Mathematics
In order to score in mathematics, one needs to build the ability of solving simple & stereotypical questions, along with complex and challenging problems that might make you vulnerable during the actual test. Before you solve a question, you must:
(a) Figure out exactly what needs to be answered
(b) Identify the conditions and data which would lead you to the answer
(c) Picture the problem in your head and if needed, draw a diagram using the given data.
Step Wise Problem Solving
1. Read and focus on the problem clearly. For example: What is supposed to be done? What is the purpose of solving? What all data and conditions are offered?
2. Create a plan of action. For example: Have I ever tackled a similar problem? Which strategy should be followed? What is the exact application of the skills required to implement a strategy?
3. Figure out the answer and check it. For example: Is the proposed solution reasonable? Does the planned solution needed to be cross-checked? While solving multiple choice questions or multiple-answer questions, be alert in finding the choices which cannot be correct. This way your chances of spotting the correct answer would grow strong.
1. Do not forget to learn the definitions and formulae available in different chapters. It is essential to go through the assumptions involved in deriving various formulas. Moreover, the technique as well as mathematical logics and tools used must be carefully understood.
2. The students should write down important formulae in a special notebook. Moreover, keeping a note of special techniques used in answering tricky problems will prove beneficial. All these notes would count useful before the exam, when you would be revising various data.
3. Reviewing of the chapters and recalling various formulae, techniques and laws are quite important. Do not feel frustrated when you are unable to recall, refer the prepared notes and memorize the data with a patient head.